Almost always 100% human hair that you can attach to your hair by either clips, glue, or weaving it in to make your hair look naturally long.
Salon Blanc is known as one of Milwaukee’s best salons providing high end quality hair extensions. We specialize in handtied extensions, keratin fusion treatment extensions, as well as tape in extensions.
Always choose real remy human hair extensions as you will be able to heat style and wash them just like your own hair. High quality clip-in hair extensions will last you anywhere from 3-6 months up to a year or even longer, depending on how often you wear them and how well you take care of them.
Keep In Touch With Our Professional Team At Salon Blānc .
Whatever type of Hair Extensions you may have, at Salon Blanc we can remove your Hair Extensions, save them for later use, or reinstall them using Hot Fusion or Micro Links or Tape In, as you desire.
It takes only a short amount of time to install the extensions. The guest does need to come in every six to eight weeks to have them removed and reinstalled.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are handtied extensions?
Proper ways to maintain handtied extensions.
- Handtied extensions are recommended to be moved up every 8-10 weeks.
- Reinstallation is recommended between 6-9 weeks.
- With proper care and less excessive heat, Handtied extensions may last up to one year.
How to properly care for your hair while sleeping is just as important.
The most traditional style for sleeping with hair extensions is to secure the hair in a braid/plait. Securing the hair in a braid will prevent your hair extensions from moving around causing the bonds to tangle.
- It’s best to wash your hair 1 to 2 times a week with the products we recommendation.
- Salt water may damage your hair extensions. It’s best to avoid if possible.
- We don’t recommend washing your hair before bed. If so, we highly recommend the extensions to be 100% dry before sleeping.
- It’s recommended to brush your hair gently after washing.
Does Handtied extensions damage your hair?
Handtied extensions are considered damage free We always recommend handtied extensions if you have minor breakage. Handtied wefts are very thin wefts sewn by hand and allow for a lightweight option for your hair.
What are keratin fusion extensions?
Fusion extensions are a simple way to achieve natural looking, long hair on any hair type. Tipped with non-damaging Keratin glue, your hair is sectioned into pieces and the extension is glued to your hair. This is done with a Fusion wand that heats and melts the glue upon contact.
Keratin fusion hair extensions can last up to 3-5 months. Although fusion hair extensions cost more up front, they need less maintenance than tape in hair extensions.
We do not recommend Keratin fusion extensions for thin or damaged hair.
Extensions should be braided or put into a ponytail before sleeping.
We highly recommend not to be swimming into a salt water or chlorine water.
Flat-tip | I-tip | Micro-lock Extensions
Flat-tip/ I-tip/ Micro-lock extensions are no heat or adhesive is used in the process.
- The hair strands are reusable.
- These extensions can be fixed or moved up quickly by a seasoned extensionist.
- They can be worn for 4-8 weeks.
- Install/removal can be time-consuming (2-4 hours).
- Headaches may sometimes be caused by the pulling/tension on the hair.
- These extensions are not good for fine/thin hair.
Tape-in extensions are two small thin wefts of hair sandwich a thin natural slice of hair in between by use of a medical-grade double-sided tape and clamp; sometimes an adhesive is also added for extra hold.
The benefits of using tape-in extensions are:
- This is the fastest extension method.
- The wider panels of hair cause less stress on existing hair.
- The hair is reusable.
- Wearability usually lasts 6-8 weeks.
- The panels naturally camouflage into the hair.
- No heat is required.
- This is the most comfortable method to add extensions.
- Tape-in extensions are great for all hair types.
No oils or products can be used near the application point. Removal and reapplication can leave an adhesive residue or remain tacky.
Maintenance of hair extensions
All extensions require some maintenance and a little TLC – Wash as you regularly would so bacteria does not build up. Always go to bed with a dry root and sleep in a low, loose braid or pony on a silk pillowcase. Brush with a natural bristle brush (or looped brush for single stranded extensions). Give your extensions a little more moisture than your existing hair as it often doesn’t receive the natural oils from our head. Lastly, make sure to come in for maintenance and move-ups regularly as 80% of breakage and damage happens after the 8-week mark.